Monday, February 18, 2008

Listening to the Rain, Filling out a Survey, ahh Lazy Monday...I Adore You.

Hi All!

Well, as promised I will have pictures of food from our V-Day adventures last night, but first, it's survey time! Woop Woop! And I can't resist a good survey. I missed out on the Veganmofo survey because, well, I didn't have a blog. I did really enjoy reading all of your answers though, so I was super excited when lovely Liz over at Food Snobbery, created this super little survey. I had fun filling it out, but now I'm hungry after thinking about all this food.

1. If you have to choose between locally grown or organic, which do you usually choose? Usually I don’t have to choose, which is nice. Our local farmers are dedicated to the organic methods.

2. Favorite way to prepare potatoes: Baked with cornmeal and chilli powder, or shredded into a potato latke, mmm.

3. Do you press your tofu before preparing/cooking it (if you eat soy)? Sometimes, depends on what I’m using it for.

4. Name your favorite recipe that is a tradition in your family: Plain and simple tea biscuits. Mmmm. So good the next day, warmed with earth balance and molasses.

5. Any food allergies? I’m allergic to preservatives, pesticides, and I have a slight gluten intolerance. But I can’t help but devour a little seitan from time to time.

6. When you want to go to a fancy dinner, where do you go? The Wooden Monkey! Infact, we were there last night.

7. When you have a cold, what do you crave? Tomato Soup, and Lemon Tea.

8. What kind of water do you drink? (Filtered, spring, tap, etc.): Tap water, or if I’m on the run, bottled water, but NEVER from a plastic bottle!

9. Name a flavor of soda you'd love to see: I’m not really a fan.

10. If the recipes you ate as a child were compiled into a cookbook, what would the title be? Dirt Cakes and Dandelion Salad! (I was into food at an early age…and I played outdoors…a lot!)

11. If you were allowed to grow one food that can't grow in your climate, what would it be?MANGO! Or avocado. Mmm, or olives. (I'm somewhat indecisive..as you can see)

12. Favorite type of mushroom? I love portabellas, as well as shitake

13. Most frustrating part of your kitchen? The temperature in my oven is off by about 25 degrees. Sometimes I forget…and burn bottoms! (Not like, my own bottom, I mean biscuit bottoms, etc.)

14. Last food you burned? See question 13! :)

15. Usual response to a veg*n's favorite question, "But where do you get your protein?": BEANS BEANS BEANS, grains, nuts, seeds! It’s like a little chant, I even do a dance from time to time whilst tossing quinoa and black beans into the air.

16. If you were baking your own birthday cake today, what flavor would it be? I would have to say gingerbread.1

17. Favorite brand of chocolate chips? Just Us! Organic, Fair Trade (they aren’t actually chocolate chips, but its what I use in place of chips, I just break it into small pieces.)

18. You have $200 of your tax return reserved for Williams Sonoma- What do you buy? Another LeCruset Pan. I would really love a grill pan. Or I would invest in some seriously fabulous coffee and espresso accessories.

19. Do you plan your menus in advance? Any tips to share? Not usually, they are pretty well based off of cravings/time/and what’s getting old in the fridge!

20. You have 3 minutes before you have to leave the house and you're starving- What do you eat? Smoothie with spinach, almond milk, peanut butter, spirulina, banana, grapes, flax seed and coffee beans.

21. If Martha Stewart, Paula Deen, and Rachel Ray got into a fight, who would win and how?HAHAHA, I think I would have to go with Martha, she’d be all secretive and crafty about it. It’s a good thing.

22. If you eat oatmeal, what do you add to it before serving? Raisins and agave nectar. Mmm.

23. If you got to travel to one country and learn all the traditional dishes there, where would you go (ignore commitments in your current place of residence)? This is a tough one, but I would have to say probably Peru or Thailand.

24. Favorite late night snack? Leftovers from dinner! Or mocha soy milk. Or toast.

25. Favorite springtime food? Microgreens, fiddleheads and asparagus (again, with the indecisiveness...I know, I know!)

26. Favorite food-related magazine? VegNews, and Greens

27. Which do you prefer: shoyu, tamari, conventional soy sauce, or Bragg's Aminos? Bragg’s all the way! (Unless we’re talking about with sushi, then I’d go for shoyu)

28. What vegetable or fruit do you dislike the most? Durian. it’s a gigantic, smelly fruit. Bleck.

29. Name a holiday food you look forward to all year long: Miso Gravy…Mmmm. I’m drooling about it already!

30. If you could convert anyone to veganism with your magic wand, who would you convert?
I would have to say, Bob Dylan, ‘cause I’m sure he’d write the best song, ever, about being vegan! It'd be all groovy and protest like.

All right, that was super fun, but I'm lazy and sleepy after our weekend comes to an end tonight, so I will save the pictures and food stories until tomorrow.
I hope you are all having a fabulous evening!

Much Love from the Rainy East Coast!
Cheers!

1 comment:

Rural Vegan said...

Ha, fun survey! I absolutely agree with you on #21. Martha would lay the smack down on those other two, and then clean up the mess!